New round here

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What corals are you planning to keep? ;)

Welcome to R2R and happy reefing!

giphy.gif

OP
OP
FishStixx2

FishStixx2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What corals are you planning to keep? ;)

Welcome to R2R and happy reefing!

giphy.gif

The dual ic pros are gonna limit when i can keep. Gonna go with softies and some low light lps. I really want a blue clam at some point just because they are so cool looking. I was thinking of getting a used kessel to mount in between my pros in the middle of the tank to keep some higher light requiring lps down the road.

ScootScoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Josh !! From a new yorka!! You’ll love it here lots of great info and rad people !!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm Josh from central Pennsylvania. Ill keep this brief as I tend to be long winded. Years ago I had a 55 gallon saltwater tank I eventually upgraded to a 125. I was young and in the military. Moving a 125 isn't ideal. So i sold the tank and have longed to get back in to it. Fast forward 10-12 years and I'm 33 with 3 kids and a mortgage. I had an axolotl tank for 6 months but they were boring and I had to keep the lights low and the tank just didn't thrill me. Got some bad health news, I may have Crohns ( I do the doctor just hasn't said so offically), and decided it was time to quit drinking (was a heavy drinker).. and put my time and money into something constructive and keep my busy while I feel sick and neasous all the time. The only way the wife allows the tank is me not drinking. So anyway I sold the 60 gallon axolotl tank and picked up a used 90 gallon with a beautiful home made stand. I have it set up and cycling but I'm still acquiring gear and setting everything up while I research and learn what's new in the saltwater world. I've never kept corals other than my buddy gave me some zooanthids I threw in one time years ago. Im very much on a budget having 3 young kids so ill be keeping my eye on the marketplace as I find buying used is the best way to get in to the hobby.

So setup is a 90 gallon reef ready with 80lbs of dry rock off chewy. 20lbs of cured live rock (from That Fish Place, I work 3 minutes from there, :) ). Not sure how much sand. I added 2 bags of live sand with it. A 20 gallon homemade sump split into 3 sections, one being a fuge. I was lucky to get the current usa dual ic pro with Bluetooth loop system, return pump and 2 wave pumps for a killer price. The lights aren't Kessel but im gonna start with soft and maybe a few low light lps. Upgrade lighting down the road. I set up my own gravity ato which im proud of myself for lol.

So anyway I dont plan to post much. Just keep watching brs videos and reading from posts. Maybe get lucky and win a contest.

I still need a skimmer.. some more rock. Probably another wavemaker. Excited to get my first coral!

20200825_225333.jpg 20200825_211457.jpg
Hello Josh, welcome

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back