New RSR250 w/ Liferock

ChadmRoman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
459
Reaction score
160
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just bought a new RSR250 currently hibernating in storage while I purchase remaining items. My current setup is a 45 gallon with 40lbs of rock And live sand I don’t plan using in the new tank, going with liferock this time around.

Herein lies the issue and concern.
I’m extremely limited on space and can only have one tank up at a time.
Will cycling in a brute container supply enough bacteria to support moving 6 fish, cuc, and corals day one?
wondering if there’s any other methods people used?
Could I move the current liverock to the new tank (in sump) to Maintain the beneficial bacteria then remove a piece or two weekly?

Looking for suggestions and best practice approach to help plan a successful transition.
 
Could I move the current liverock to the new tank (in sump) to Maintain the beneficial bacteria then remove a piece or two weekly?
Any time you can directly transfer successful bio materials into a new tank (or in this case the tank's sump), it is a very good thing for the new tank's bio filter start up.
 
That’s what I was thinking. So possibly doing the cure in a Brit container then adding the current live rock to the sump may be best approach for my situation.
 
That’s what I was thinking. So possibly doing the cure in a Brit container then adding the current live rock to the sump may be best approach for my situation.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new