New saltwater tank

I just started my first saltwater tank. Any suggestions for a beginner?

• How to cycle my tank?

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Live rock vs dry rock ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anything wrong with my setup so far?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Michael Rancour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Dennis McGrath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum. Nice tank. Are you going be adding more rock? Another light on the left?

Last edited:

Dragonreef202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I look forward to seeing the progress of your tank. you should be thinking about adding more rock to help the tank cycle in the beginning. With the Labor day holiday coming you may be able to catch a good deal on some dry rock to add to your tank.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that adding more rock at this point is crucial, much better to add the rock early on rather than later. Less stress on the stock in the tank and it won't extend your cycle.

OP
OP
Michael Rancour

Michael Rancour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that adding more rock at this point is crucial, much better to add the rock early on rather than later. Less stress on the stock in the tank and it won't extend your cycle.
My local fish store did not have any left. I will be purchasing more soon. What type of rock do you recommend?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back