New Scape: Who Dis?

Rip3618

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently posted about a screw up where I created a huge bacteria bloom. I lost all but one fish and most of my coral. The fiancée and I decided to break down the tank and start over with new rock and new sand. To be honest, I wasn’t content with failed my negative space attempt anyway so this was a good opportunity to try something completely different.

I love negative space scapes but don’t have the talent and patience to build what’s in my head. This time we went with Life Rock from my LFS and think we came up with something cool. I tried to apply what I’ve learned into the new scape by considering better water flow and having a plan for the future (what corals I want and where to put them, what fish I’ll stock, etc.). This new scape fills up the tank more without overcrowding and, though I enjoy the process of dry rock maturing with time, the purple of the Life Rock looks great. I’m thinking Hawaiian black sand this go around would look great.

Opinions and thoughts for improvement are welcome.

(White Marco Rock was the original scape.)

IMG_9830.jpeg IMG_2338.jpeg IMG_2339.jpeg IMG_2341.jpeg IMG_2342.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2337.mov
    46.3 MB
Last edited:

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved the negative scape thing, but IMO it got a lil worn with everyone trying to make a aquarium into a blacklight poster …
I do like cementing the rock together…
KUDOS for not following the herd…looks good

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the new one. Plenty of room for coral. I like the two islands so you can add coral that need to be contained if you want. Are you going to add sand? The bottom is so uncluttered (?) It would make a sweet barebottom. It looks like it would be easy to get detritus blown back into the corners for easy cleanup unlike mine :crying-face:

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the new one. Plenty of room for coral. I like the two islands so you can add coral that need to be contained if you want. Are you going to add sand? The bottom is so uncluttered (?) It would make a sweet barebottom. It looks like it would be easy to get detritus blown back into the corners for easy cleanup unlike mine :crying-face:
I was thinking the same, great opportunity with this scape design to keep that bottom maintenance free

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same, great opportunity with this scape design to keep that bottom maintenance free
Right? Makes me want to change mine lol. Each of my scapes get a little better but I still haven't had one that I can say I love after looking at it for a few months.

desert fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning, just wanted to let everyone see want Jester6 did for me with my new custom Aquascape he created it cames out awesome and a very nice man to deal with. I went from the picture on the left to the one on right and it change my tank my fish to be happier and so am I let me want you think of it

Attachments

• 1000001387.jpg
    1000001387.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231029_094904.jpg
    20231029_094904.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 36

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning, just wanted to let everyone see want Jester6 did for me with my new custom Aquascape he created it cames out awesome and a very nice man to deal with. I went from the picture on the left to the one on right and it change my tank my fish to be happier and so am I let me want you think of it
I don’t know who jester6 is but the new aquascape looks way better than the old one. Also, if you ever need a new aquascape in the future I’d strongly encourage you to try making your own. It really isn’t hard and IME it’s actually kinda fun to do.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back