New Sicce Skimmer: Anyone Tried It?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Found this vid:



very interested in these for my next build. The fact that they are not clear is a huge plus for me cause they will be in the display!

I'll let yall know if I get them and how it goes.
 
I'm using the 150 now on a 25G aio and it's aesthetic and seems to be pulling skim. It's keeping my nitrates reasonable, and is pretty quiet. The magnet is almost too strong (it could break glass if slipped) and the water level line seems to require the skimmer to sit low in the tank. That makes it a little annoying to fit in tight spaces, I would have liked a way to make that variable.

I'm only about 3 weeks in use
 
NOTICE they don t show you how they skim in video! Foolish we need to see actual skimmate produced.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new