New skimmer and Reactor for 20long.

Ecotech Marine

Alex808

View Badges
Reaction score
Currently running an Aquaclear 110 with floss, a little tub of miracle mud and Chemipure Blue. This set up worked great for about 8 months until I was on the road for work. Things got out of wack when the ATO switch stopped working and things got bad. Before that even took place I suspected my Euphyllia possibly having a brown jelly. Either way. The tank was mostly a loss. Very few corals survived after someone noticed there was a problem.
So I purchased the intank shelf and the Tunze 9001 skimmer for the AC110 and an IM minimax desktop reactor.

Anyone that has experience with a similar set up, what filter media did you run along side the Tunze inside the 110. I plan on running floss in the intended compartment but I’m curious about what else I could fit. If I end up not running the reactor I could fit Chemipure Blue in the little slot. OR if I run the reactor, I’ll run phosguard or possibly some carbon and GFO.

20 long a few months ago. Tank was looking nice and showing new growth every day.

Photo attached of my Very unfortunate looking 20long. Several new hammers, flower pot and a few mushrooms.
B2DE2319-34B6-44EF-812F-EB68D7C144D2.jpeg

Maxout

Blue Spot Octopus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Something like this, floss, Chemipure Blue and Purgen

OP
Alex808

Alex808

View Badges
Reaction score
Something like this, floss, Chemipure Blue and Purgen

Yes. Noted in the OP. I purchased that basket and decided to purchase the Tunze 9001 as it’s recommended to fit in the basket.

HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE LIVEROCK IN YOUR TANK? NOT THE AQUASCAPE, BUT THE ROCK!

• Love it and wouldn't change it

Votes: 297 60.4%
  • Like it ok but would try something different

Votes: 150 30.5%
  • Don't like it at all

Votes: 26 5.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 19 3.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors