New skimmer and Reactor for 20long.

Alex808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running an Aquaclear 110 with floss, a little tub of miracle mud and Chemipure Blue. This set up worked great for about 8 months until I was on the road for work. Things got out of wack when the ATO switch stopped working and things got bad. Before that even took place I suspected my Euphyllia possibly having a brown jelly. Either way. The tank was mostly a loss. Very few corals survived after someone noticed there was a problem.
So I purchased the intank shelf and the Tunze 9001 skimmer for the AC110 and an IM minimax desktop reactor.

Anyone that has experience with a similar set up, what filter media did you run along side the Tunze inside the 110. I plan on running floss in the intended compartment but I’m curious about what else I could fit. If I end up not running the reactor I could fit Chemipure Blue in the little slot. OR if I run the reactor, I’ll run phosguard or possibly some carbon and GFO.

20 long a few months ago. Tank was looking nice and showing new growth every day.

Photo attached of my Very unfortunate looking 20long. Several new hammers, flower pot and a few mushrooms.
B2DE2319-34B6-44EF-812F-EB68D7C144D2.jpeg

OP
OP
Alex808

Alex808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, running a minimal amount of Kalkwasser in my ATO.

OP
OP
Alex808

Alex808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back