New skimmer (jad wg 520) no bubbles

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I recently got a 75g tank and filled it with fresh water to see if its all running and if there's any leak. However when I tested the skimmer (jad wg 520) some Chinese brand, there was no bubbles (I even removed the airline adjuster to make sure there isn't anything blocking it)

what would cause it? It's brand new

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump should make bubbles but they wont be coming out of the top part of the skimmer like normal. If you don't have salt water on hand you can put it in a bucket with water and vinegar filled to the correct depth and it will work

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump should make bubbles but they wont be coming out of the top part of the skimmer like normal. If you don't have salt water on hand you can put it in a bucket with water and vinegar filled to the correct depth and it will work
there is 0 bubbles not from side button, anywhere

Mele__Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to mine upon setup. Take it apart and make sure everything is connected properly and also sealed tight . Especially the Venturi. You Also may need to adjust the height of the skimmer in the water level. Most companies will tell you the recommended depth of water the skimmer needs to be submerged in to work properly. Good luck!

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to mine upon setup. Take it apart and make sure everything is connected properly and also sealed tight . Especially the Venturi. You Also may need to adjust the height of the skimmer in the water level. Most companies will tell you the recommended depth of water the skimmer needs to be submerged in to work properly. Good luck!
thanks, however it came with little instructions and the only thing written in trouble shooting is make sure airline is not submerged.

I will take it apart when I return home

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back