New skimmer (jad wg 520) no bubbles

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I recently got a 75g tank and filled it with fresh water to see if its all running and if there's any leak. However when I tested the skimmer (jad wg 520) some Chinese brand, there was no bubbles (I even removed the airline adjuster to make sure there isn't anything blocking it)

what would cause it? It's brand new
 
The pump should make bubbles but they wont be coming out of the top part of the skimmer like normal. If you don't have salt water on hand you can put it in a bucket with water and vinegar filled to the correct depth and it will work
 
The pump should make bubbles but they wont be coming out of the top part of the skimmer like normal. If you don't have salt water on hand you can put it in a bucket with water and vinegar filled to the correct depth and it will work
there is 0 bubbles not from side button, anywhere
 
This happened to mine upon setup. Take it apart and make sure everything is connected properly and also sealed tight . Especially the Venturi. You Also may need to adjust the height of the skimmer in the water level. Most companies will tell you the recommended depth of water the skimmer needs to be submerged in to work properly. Good luck!
 
This happened to mine upon setup. Take it apart and make sure everything is connected properly and also sealed tight . Especially the Venturi. You Also may need to adjust the height of the skimmer in the water level. Most companies will tell you the recommended depth of water the skimmer needs to be submerged in to work properly. Good luck!
thanks, however it came with little instructions and the only thing written in trouble shooting is make sure airline is not submerged.

I will take it apart when I return home
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new