New snowflake clown with mouth open

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a bottle of biospira in my QT this go 'round... no ammonia at all. It's a 40 breeder QT with 2 tangs(one 4" one 3"), 2 clowns(3" and 2.5") and a six line wrasse, should work wonders on a 10g with two clowns.

OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright he made it through the dip, didnt see anything come off him as I was hoping, flukes seem the easiest to handle. Here is a video of the dip and one of him swimming after. About to dip the other guy and Ill get a video of them both swimming after to see what you guys think. He seems to be swimming less frantically, but still vertically, and still kind of just floating in one spot.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check his skin for any odd looking splotches... this is what my tang looked like after a dip.
20170629_221914.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The video of him in the dip, or of him swimming?
He does not breathe like he was in the dip, he does act like he is in the second video though. Uploading one of him swimming now with better light for ya.

OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There is him swimming now.
The other guy did fine in the dip, looked like he was swimmomg in his normal home lol. Came out spotless too. Ill let thek relax for a little then get another vid.

OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No spots or specks on the other guy either. If its ammonia burn its gotta be from shipping because im OCD about checking mine daily and all of the other parameters.

OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, to conclude the evening, should I continue the melafix and pimafix doses? Where should I go from here...im thinking keep up the treatments and keep a close eye. Oh, by the way..I got some dry marine pellets with garlic and gave it a shot, they both noticed it floating by them but neither ate. Maybe they like to #$!@ with me and eat when im not looking.

OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is swimming just outside of the flow from the powerhead, but he is facing the powerhead. He is switching between that and facing towards the back of the tank, with his left side facing the powerhead. Overall i feel like he is feeling better, he is swimming top middle of the tank as opposed to hiding from the light at the bottom. He is just staying in that one spot. Stay tuned for the last video for the night.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back