New take on ttm

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish , I've used your ttm guide successfully but I had a question....

I recently bought a pair of gold nugget maroons. They are very tiny. Had an ich outbreak due to a couple stressed tangs.

I've since emptied the tank of fish other than my clowns and was wondering if I could do ttm in a couple 1g kool-aid jusg for the 12 days and then house them in a separate tank for the remaining fallow period.

Thanks.

A note I should add- my clowns haven't shown the slightest indication of symptoms and eat voraciously, it's been more than 4wks but I feel like it'd be safe to treat these 250$ fish lol

Last edited:

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened to the rest of the fish?

OP
OP
Reefrookie220

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple went to my very qualified lfs for treatment in their hospital. The tangs are going into my buddy's 75g qt system for treatment before introducing them to his DT(new home)

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your take on my above question @melypr1985 ? The bigger of the pair is 1.5in and that's kinda pushing it. Lol.

Yeah, a 5 gallon bucket would work better. You really want to give them that little extra water volume. 1 gallon isn't much and even though they are small they can still produce enough waste to overcome that 1 gallon before the 72 hours is up for the next transfer. Buckets, totes, tanks- whatever it is, I wouldn't go too small with them.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back