New tang SOS

HighDefAquaria

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2025
Messages
68
Reaction score
70
Location
404 Brook pl unit D wolfforth
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I just received this tang in from shipping. It has large growth in its mouth and is extremely lethargic. Any idea what it is and any treatment recommendations?
20260424_105133_1A3E8D33-E2D4-48F9-A7BC-B14C84DF475D.png


20260424_105133_7556952F-5688-43C7-B5F6-78B817085691.png
 
Hello I just received this tang in from shipping. It has large growth in its mouth and is extremely lethargic. Any idea what it is and any treatment recommendations?
20260424_105133_1A3E8D33-E2D4-48F9-A7BC-B14C84DF475D.png


20260424_105133_7556952F-5688-43C7-B5F6-78B817085691.png

I’ve seen that with these tangs, they get their teeth caught in a net and get damaged.

The laying on its side is shipping or acclimation stress. Keep it dim and in well oxygenated water, by itself and hope for the best.

I’d also let the shipper know in case they have any sort of guarantee on their fish.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new