New Tank advise

PeterC2904

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planing on getting a new tank soon, somewhere between a 40-50 gallon tank. I’ve been thinking ahead of what I’d like to add to the tank and as of right now I plan to add

2 clown fish
3 chromis
1 royale gramma
1 flame Angel
1 flame hawkfish
1mandarin fish

And then a few inverts and I plan to add some coral and anems

From the research I’ve done this doesn’t seem too overcrowded but I wanted to ask some people to make sure, so any advice on this or anything I should change will be helpful thank you

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planing on getting a new tank soon, somewhere between a 40-50 gallon tank. I’ve been thinking ahead of what I’d like to add to the tank and as of right now I plan to add

2 clown fish
3 chromis
1 royale gramma
1 flame Angel
1 flame hawkfish
1mandarin fish

From the research I’ve done this doesn’t seem too overcrowded but I wanted to ask some people to make sure, so any advice on this or anything I should change will be helpful thank you
I think youre good stock wise! Add the mandarin last, they need a mature tank with lots of copods. I dose pods for my guy every other week now and he is fat! Shrimps may not be a good idea with the hawk, they have been reported to eat shimps!

OP
OP
P

PeterC2904

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think youre good stock wise! Add the mandarin last, they need a mature tank with lots of copods. I dose pods for my guy every other week now and he is fat! Shrimps may not be a good idea with the hawk, they have been reported to eat shimps!
Thanks for the response I will do that and I had no idea about the hawkfish eating shrimps I’ll do some research on that thanks

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response I will do that and I had no idea about the hawkfish eating shrimps I’ll do some research on that thanks
Yeah never had a hawk because I used to have shrimps. Some people dont have any issue but some does, depends on the fish!

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha... my hawkfish loved shrimp... found him with a antenna sticking out if his mouth, BTW i would get a 50, as you might not be able to get that many fish in there. keep in mind that i stock lightly

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2 clown fish
3 chromis
1 royale gramma
1 flame Angel
1 flame hawkfish
1mandarin fish

Mandarin last and seed the tank with pods before hand

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back