New tank ! Bigger size ! 75 gallon mixed reef

SoGaReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2025
Messages
103
Reaction score
82
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a new thread as I'm starting a new tank and upgrading from my 25gal. Just picked up a 75 gallon with 20 gal sump last weekend. Spent Sunday getting it all cleaned up and the back painted. I did not care for all the rubber hoses being used instead of hard pipe so will be replumbing neatly. Debating on going with black Hawaiian sand to help contrast the corals and make em pop even more. Can't wait to move everything over and start building more rock !
1c0d29b8-261a-4cb6-a36b-dc091e6f7f75.jpg
6adef628-7b33-4f81-89ce-aecd9cb57354.jpg
b20e2d1c-1135-44bc-a50c-9c13bd3e62c4.jpg
 
Following along, any stocking and coral ideas so far?
Will be rehoming everything in my 25 gallon as I don't have room for multiples at the current home. Definitely want to add some tangs and other fish that weren't available in the 25 and of course that leave lots of room for more coral !
 
Will be rehoming everything in my 25 gallon as I don't have room for multiples at the current home. Definitely want to add some tangs and other fish that weren't available in the 25 and of course that leave lots of room for more coral !
Any ideas for coral so far?
 
What's your plan for scaping it? I would think going from what's effectively a large nano to something three times the size is going to mean a full redesign of any scapes.
 
Will be rehoming everything in my 25 gallon as I don't have room for multiples at the current home. Definitely want to add some tangs and other fish that weren't available in the 25 and of course that leave lots of room for more coral !
Any ideas for coral so far?
bd76475d-a91f-42c8-9a22-41d306575eb8.jpg
This is now so we have a few to start with but no I just go to the store and get what catches my eye 🤦🤦🤦🤷🤷
 
What's your plan for scaping it? I would think going from what's effectively a large nano to something three times the size is going to mean a full redesign of any scapes.
Oh definitely can't wait to start building something but I'm probably going to break down a bit of what we have already and make a few "islands" of different styles I do believe
e91bc668-a61f-4c7a-b022-c8df5286018f.jpg
here is tank now
 
hows it going with the build homie
Stalled 😭😭 well I've added a ton of coral to the 25 gal to start growing until I get the 75 going. Unfortunately when I went to plumb it up and measure out the sump I dropped the return pump and cracked the sump. Well I found another sump plumbed it in and filled everything outside just to check drain and return and get them set. Well turns out I broke the return pump also when I dropped it. So needless to say I've had to order and redo andew things and now it's Christmas so the spot I had picked out is taken 😂😂 I do believe this is the food Lord's way of saying go slow and get it right the first time so that's what I'm doing. New sump is here, new return, heaters and controllers finally came in so come Jan 1st the tree is out and the tank is in to start cycling !!! Pics of coral tomorrow headed to bed !
 
Great looking corals!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new