New Tank Build

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You talking about the tideline overflow?
Yes. It was terribly loud with the sound of water falling over the teeth and into the box. It was so loud that I could hear it over too my other tank when I was downstairs standing next to my standard 75g tank with a regular Durso overflow.
That’s too loud to be right in the middle of the house next to the sofa.
The exotic marine overflows from the videos I’ve seen are WAYYYY quieter to the point the only noise was from the filter socks in the sump and not the overflow

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this thread is of a guy who had the tideline and then switched to the exotic marine.

so comparing apples to apples so to speak, which i liked.

and then after talking with Joseph from EM, he was super helpful with the whole process

clark griswold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. It was terribly loud with the sound of water falling over the teeth and into the box. It was so loud that I could hear it over too my other tank when I was downstairs standing next to my standard 75g tank with a regular Durso overflow.
That’s too loud to be right in the middle of the house next to the sofa.
The exotic marine overflows from the videos I’ve seen are WAYYYY quieter to the point the only noise was from the filter socks in the sump and not the overflow

Thanks. That’s been my biggest hang up about ordering a PA tank. I’ll look into those.

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the EM overflow installed? I'm curious if it helped. I'm about to order a Planet tank and wonder if I should replace theirs, or ask if they just drill it and don't add one.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the EM overflow installed? I'm curious if it helped. I'm about to order a Planet tank and wonder if I should replace theirs, or ask if they just drill it and don't add one.
Yes the EM overflow is night and day.
We ran it with some freshwater just do check all the plumbing for leaks and honestly forgot the tank was running it was so quiet.
Let me see if I can dig up the video from testing

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can kind of tell in the video how quiet it is because you can’t hear any water until I open up the overflow box and then it’s just a little trickle. Most noise is from the filter socks in the sump.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back