New Tank Concerns

  • Thread starter Thread starter JayJay26
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Well if its not you, then maybe the lfs. Do watch them cook the water? Is it sterile/clean implements? Maybe review the method in which the make the water.
This is a good point. I'm thinking, something organic is in the water causing your bacterial bloom (assuming your cycle did go to a "tee"). You could try using distilled water to make your next batch of saltwater and see if that has any impact.
 
Wait it out, look out for the fish. Also, chromis(blue green type) are better cycling fish imo, due to low cost and if they croak, oh well. Clowns live a long time, are a standard in any tank, imo. And I love/hate my clowns. They are the 4th set I've owned due to previous losses.

On a side note, lately within the past couple of weeks, I've been looking at lfs' in the area and I've seen more dead and dying fish in them, than I have in the past 4 years. Idk what is goin on, but man.
 
Wait it out, look out for the fish. Also, chromis(blue green type) are better cycling fish imo, due to low cost and if they croak, oh well.

Friend, I'm sorry, but most of us here think it's horrible advice to use a "fish-in" cycling method, no matter what the cost of the fish. There are simply better methods now, that don't risk livestock at all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new