New tank fish stock

reefgeeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have been out of the reeftank hobby for about 10 years and am getting back into it with great anticipation. I wanted some input on the fish stock i am planning. I have a Red Sea Max E 170 45 gallon reef ready tank. After the cycle i plan on adding (3) Sunshine Chromis, wait a couple of weeks then add a Swissguard Basslet. At that point i will wait for the tank to mature and add a hammer and a frogspawn along with a bonded pair of clownfish (not sure which type yet). At some point after that i will add my last fish, a Flame hawk. Does this sound reasonable for timning and stocking. After they all settle in, i plan to build my reef with mostly LPS, Montipora and Zoa.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a great stock list to me. Had a Swissguard Basslet for a year. Just passed last week. The greatest tank mate ever. Was best friends with my clown. Now the clown has been suffering from depression ever since. The only thing I would worry about is the flame hawk around shrimp if you plan on having those in the tank.

Bluecbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, but adding the shrimp first can lower the risk of it being eaten, and a big size one can even lower the risk some

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 55 26.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back