New tank ideas

countyblue66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept African cichlids (Mbunas) for many years but am seriously considering changing a tank over to a FOWLR TANK. The tank is a 65 gallon 4 foot tank-measurements 120 cm long/40 cm wide/45 cm deep. Fully conversant with RODI water, filtration, cycling etc but want to throw some ideas around about regarding stocking.
First idea a number of Bi Colour Chromis perhaps 5-7 a dwarf angelfish perhaps coral beauty or lemon peel or flame angel and then open to other ideas.
Second idea a number of azure damsels perhaps 5-7 with again a dwarf angelfish as mentioned above then open to other ideas.
Please advise any thoughts and constructive criticism as I would really like an active and colourful tank and am fully prepared for the time and effort to make things work.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would worry about doing with a large group of damsels or chromis in that size tank, more so the damsels, as they can be aggressive towards their own species (at least as I understand it). Anecdotally it sounds like people have better success with keeping a group of damsels when they mix species. So if you are looking for color that might me an option, though certainty do your own research!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the dwarf angels can be hard to mix in a tank that small.

I am going to try it in my 200 gal. Gonna go for 5-6.
In you take I would just keep it 1 or two max introduced at same time.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back