New tank leake test

HonorableWhat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, recently bought a new innovative marine 100 ext, and I am saving to get the sump that I want.

My question is, it's gonna take a few weeks to save the money. Should I just plug the overflow and go ahead and leak test the tank, or am I good to just wait till i have it plumbed and a sump?

I mainly worry that innovative marine will say "well you didn't leak test it day 1 so your out of luck" xD

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, recently bought a new innovative marine 100 ext, and I am saving to get the sump that I want.

My question is, it's gonna take a few weeks to save the money. Should I just plug the overflow and go ahead and leak test the tank, or am I good to just wait till i have it plumbed and a sump?

I mainly worry that innovative marine will say "well you didn't leak test it day 1 so your out of luck" xD
It should come with a warranty for a leaking seam if you fear something like this.

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s going to worry you, go ahead and fill it up with tap water and leak test it. Me personally, I’d rather wait until I have everything plumbed in and what not to test my plumbing connections for leaks as well at the same time. But 100g won’t take long to fill up and test and then drain. Up to you for whatever gives you peace of mind. I bought a new Planet Aquarium 310g and didn’t leak test it until almost 11 months later lol

Pipo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pipo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on your tank. I just ordered the same tank and going to build a stand and was wondering if u can measure the length or take a picture of it.i know online it says 47.3 but i wanted to know the true measurements on a measuring tape.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back