New Tank Parameters question. pH on the rise, Ammonia on the rise, only CUC?

OP
OP
LanM

LanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bullnose, thanks for the compliment. For updates now that the chemistry issue is solved, I'll switch back over to my build thread since I'm guessing that's what we're supposed to do.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's cool to chat here for sure. It's neat to see how your tank aligns with others online that have charted out a years-long course for us to map and check for trends and outcomes and unexpecteds

to me that's the fun of forum posting/can discover trending info faster than printed means can relay it, the reliability of hand killing algae has me spoiled pretty bad.

OP
OP
LanM

LanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely learning. And perhaps your method might be looked at by some as cheating a bit, but if it's effective I'm all for it. 5 gallons of water a week is cheaper than losing the tank.

Resculpting weekly will probably get old though. I may just hook up the maxi-jet and fast pump it out next week, then back in.

It usually clears by now, the purigen had it sparkling within a half hour last time but we're still cloudy at the moment. Swapping out the floss after its all settled.

Purchased 3 frags today. I'll update them in my thread as soon as the tank settles.

OP
OP
LanM

LanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, if a specific set of tests at certain intervals would benefit the record for this type of approach just let me know the required schedule and I'll adhere.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back