New tank purchase

  • Thread starter Thread starter ss7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ss7

Guinea
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2008
Messages
206
Reaction score
59
Location
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to pick up a 120g (4'x2'x2'). My preference lends itself to quick delivery. I'd prefer the front to be low iron, but that isn't a firm requirement. I've been out of the hobby the last few years due to frequent moves. When I decided to jump back in last month, I was sure I was going to be picking up the Oceanic Tech Tank 120, but unfortunately they are no more. Is there a similar alternative? I live near Roanoke, VA and would prefer to have a local custom shop or LFS that allows pickup.
 
Most LFS's can order from the different manufacturers. Do some research and figure out which tanks you'd want and call some of the LFS's and see if they order from those companies...call around for pricing. When I bought my first 175g DSA tank I got a range of $800 - $1200 from the different stores around here.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new