New tank question

Tactical Reefkeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found a waterbox 70.3 gallon tank on face book marketplace. My budget is around 600 and he is asking for 1,000 but it comes with tones of goods.

Here are some 2 hydras 34 lights with brackets

Mp40 wavemaker
Mp10 and tons of others accessories

I already have a reef tank so I have a bunch of that other stuff but I will need a better light a wavemaker. My dad say I should ask a little lower pick it up with all the stuff and the things I do not need sell and use that to pay for the tank. Let me know if this is a good plan thanks everyone one

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found a waterbox 70.3 gallon tank on face book marketplace. My budget is around 600 and he is asking for 1,000 but it comes with tones of goods.

Mp40 wavemaker

I already have a reef tank so I have a bunch of that other stuff but I will need a better light a wavemaker. My dad say I should ask a little lower pick it up with all the stuff and the things I do not need sell and use that to pay for the tank. Let me know if this is a good plan thanks everyone one
sonds like very solid advice, couldn't really think of a better option :) sell what you don't need and keep some for spare parts......Your the man DAD !!!! :star-struck:

Upvote 0

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you are on a budget, but you need to be aware that used tanks have a greater chance of springing leaks compared to their new brethren. That's not to say it'll happen to you, but I am a little sensitive on the issue, as my 75 popped a leak about 6 months to a year after launching. Ask about how and under what conditions it was stored. Mine was a MESS when I bought in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you are on a budget, but you need to be aware that used tanks have a greater chance of springing leaks compared to their new brethren. That's not to say it'll happen to you, but I am a little sensitive on the issue, as my 75 popped a leak about 6 months to a year after launching. Ask about how snd under ehst conditions it was stored. Mine was a MESS when I bought in.
absolutely! rimless tanks especially should be inspected very thoroughly. good point

Upvote 0

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mp40 wavemaker

Others will disagree, but I am not of fan of used aquarium equipment, especially not tanks...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tactical Reefkeeping

Tactical Reefkeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou everyone for the help I am we are going to check it this week sense it is only a 10 min drive and see how it looks the seller said he only had it for a few months

Upvote 0

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou everyone for the help I am we are going to check it this week sense it is only a 10 min drive and see how it looks the seller said he only had it for a few months
that sounds right, it's very common to have one for a few months and upgrade or move lol I know a guy that has done that several times ;)

good luck

Upvote 0

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask if he is the original owner.
Inspect the caulk

I'm not a fan if used tanks also

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tactical Reefkeeping

Tactical Reefkeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou guys for the help I am going to check the tank tomorrow but he took a video of the sump there are no cracks and the calulk is fine he said I am going to check for out selves thanks wish me luck

Upvote 0
Back