New Tank! Sort of...

Seahorse man

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2017
Messages
131
Reaction score
90
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my 5 gallon rolling for a while, it's had saltwater in it for over a month, some live rock for about three weeks, and a new circulation pump yesterday. Everything looks great, except for this tiny, flimsy led light that came with the tank. I said no corals for this tank but... I can't help myself. What is the cheapest possible light that would grow gsp or xenia? Money is kinda an issue because I'm only 15 and I'm not exactly made of gold;)

Does anyone have a suggestion? Is be much appreciated!
 
A Little 5 gallon, you could run a 38par bulb to grow that stuff nicely. They can go into any light socket (so find a cheap lamp or a shop light [home depot will have them for $8-$12, just ask a person for shop light]). These bulbs are about $90, but should last a good 5 years. RapidLED is a good place to get them.

I have a pvc stand to hold my bulbs over my tanks with the shop light and looks fine. Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new