New tank to me

Lpax

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
22
Location
Fountain Valley
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’m new here.

Here’s why I would like to build my tank. My son moved a couple years back & left his 28g nano cube. I have somehow kept the fish alive but want to dip my toes into corals. I have been getting great advice by reading all of your posts.

He has helped me with suggestions on easy coral but so many people have different thoughts on where to purchase. Maybe you all can help as I imagine, almost expect my corals not to survive. So… suggestions on ur favorite easy to keep alive corals & best places to purchase. Thank you in advance.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
1a-Welcome Aboard.gif


Soft corals are the way to start. There are lists online of the best 5 or 10 starter corals. Green star polyps, mushrooms and zoanthids are good ones. At the fish store, don't get the really inexpensive dark green palys/big zoas they all seem to have because they will take over the tank. Time to have fun!
 
1a-Welcome Aboard.gif


Soft corals are the way to start. There are lists online of the best 5 or 10 starter corals. Green star polyps, mushrooms and zoanthids are good ones. At the fish store, don't get the really inexpensive dark green palys/big zoas they all seem to have because they will take over the tank. Time to have fun!
Thank you!!
 
Thank you!!
I’m waiting for Amazon to deliver testing kit. I have just been putting RO water in when it needs water (for the last 2 years) & apparently there is more to it. Like I said - not sure how I have kept the fish alive!
 
Welcome! As a fairly new reefer myself, I've found that zoanthids, mushrooms, green star polyps and pulsing xenia have all been very simple to keep and also very nice to look at.

Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new