New tank transfer

coralcoralcoral10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I just transferred my 4 month 46 gallon tank to a new 144 total 114 visible tank. In my old tank I had a diatom problem and now it’s happening in the new tank. After the transfer my torch coral hasn’t come out fully and my fan coral is closed up. I just switched tanks 6 days ago. I haven’t tested for 7 days but parentheses were fine. Nitrates being at .15ppm. Nitrates about same. PH 8.2 my salinity way 1.024 and hasn’t changed but one decimal point on my refractometer. Since I had my lights set up at about 90% uv for my 46 do I have to make the lighting stronger to adjust for the bigger thank. Running 4 ai prime 16 and 2 nero one is a 3 the other is a 5 and planning on getting another 1 this weekend.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you may have to adjust your lighting levels if the new system is deeper than your old one. If you can access a PAR meter that will let you know for sure. Flow is something you can also look at, ie: too little or too much.

OP
OP
C

coralcoralcoral10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I lost one fish in the process and now my torch coral has brown jelly. Planning a dip tomorrow. Any tips on how to make the transition more smooth? Am I doing anything wrong.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back