New tank transfer

Secondchance444

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm new here..and im probably gonna have a million questions but any help would be greatly appreciated. I am picking up 55 gallon saltwater tank next weekend sometime and am going to have to tear it down completely and bring it back to my store which is about 45 minutes away.. the tank looks to be healthy and I just don't want to mess anything up and kill anything during the transition..could someone help me with this? I have some experience with freshwater but not much when it comes to saltwater. Anytning I need to order before I do this? I'm ordering filters, algae brush, 40# of live sand, marine salt, API Stress zyme, API marine Stress coat, API saltwater master test kit, and a hydrometer..is there any of that that I don't need, or need to change, or anything I need to get that will help the fish..and me..during this process? Thanks so much in advance

received_1608464879532263.jpeg received_516173843438854.jpeg received_731643994910911.jpeg received_1061476711380979.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Secondchance444

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a rubbermaid tub to hold everything, then use the existing water, powerhead and filtration to keep everything circulating while you move, clean, inspect (etc.) the new

Get a rubbermaid tub to hold everything, then use the existing water, powerhead and filtration to keep everything circulating while you move, clean, inspect (etc.) the new tank.
You mean until they're loaded in the vehicle n then When I get back with them and im setting up the tank..? Will they be ok without all of that while I'm setting things up ? And do I need to get anything besides what I listed? Thank you

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean until they're loaded in the vehicle n then When I get back with them and im setting up the tank..? Will they be ok without all of that while I'm setting things up ? And do I need to get anything besides what I listed? Thank you
I meant after the move when you're getting the tank re-setup. Having it in a heated, circulated bin will afford you more time to go through everything and get it re-setup.

I'm not the best person to advise what you're all going to need for the move itself, but sealable pails for the water, sand and rocks (rocks need to be kept wet) and possibly a heater and airstone for the fish. I'm not sure what else you have with respect to corals, inverts, etc.

OP
OP
S

Secondchance444

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant after the move when you're getting the tank re-setup. Having it in a heated, circulated bin will afford you more time to go through everything and get it re-setup.

I'm not the best person to advise what you're all going to need for the move itself, but sealable pails for the water, sand and rocks (rocks need to be kept wet) and possibly a heater and airstone for the fish. I'm not sure what else you have with respect to corals, inverts, etc.
Thank you I really appreciate it

Back