OP
Ryan Depoister

Ryan Depoister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the growth rates on the bubble tips? Like if I get say a 3” do they got the growth rate of like a Oscar? Or can it stay in a 20 or a 30 for a year or 2? An a side question has anyone ever kept shark teeth like 2-3 in there tanks? Or would that be a no go?

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O yea they said something about them eating bugs from the sand. This tank i wanna day is already cycled cause it’s one if there tanks they use to sell fish from. Ok so I don’t wanna starve anything so no go. Uhhmm she also did mention about a lion fish an clownfish. Even tho it’s a 20L I do have a couple extra tanks ‘30 tall an reagular 30’. But I’m stuck on like what can I do with a blank slate aquarium. She wants as many fish as can comfortably fit. Like a peaceful community tank.
Just FYI... lion fish don’t qualify as a peaceful community tank member. They are predators and get fairly large. Eventually, it will eat your clowns and anything else it can catch. I think your tank is too small for a lion.

As per stocking...I think most freshwater people say they can keep 1” of full grown fish per gallon of water. In marine tanks, you should stay with about 1” of fish per 3-5 gallons. That does depend on the fish. If you get sedentary fish like a Watchman Goby, you can calculate his size at two inches and not three. The more they move, the more they eat, the more waste they produce, etc. Fish like tangs require long tracts of swimming space. Best if they are kept in a 4’ tank for a smaller species and much longer for a bigger species.

Read a lot about fish species. One of the LFSs in my area will often display a fish and tell people it gets 3” when in fact it can grow to 5”. Stay away from predators (lions, groupers, sharks, eels) and keep to smaller more docile species.

And...welcome to the reef! Ask any questions you have. Everyone is here to help!

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been doing the freshwater thing since I was 11 an I’m 29. While I was at the LFS I was told they was selling off all there saltwater equipment cause it’s not making anymore money. Well I picked up a tank cause the price couldnt be pasted up, “$100 for 20L, tidal 55, white sand substrate, an the saltwater for the tank ‘instant ocean’ “. The miss loves that green mandarin goby an well Knowing what fish she wants I wanna stick with Western Pacific biotope. It will be a FOWLR for know until I get more acquainted with saltwater. But what all should I know about this?
Welcome to R2R!

OP
OP
Ryan Depoister

Ryan Depoister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An live rock I was thinking half full?? I already have some from a tank I was going to setup but never did. It looks like this in the pic. It’s got pods? It’s red I can’t remembee what it is called but I was gonna mix real live rock with this stuff

image.jpg

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An live rock I was thinking half full?? I already have some from a tank I was going to setup but never did. It looks like this in the pic. It’s got pods? It’s red I can’t remembee what it is called but I was gonna mix real live rock with this stuff

image.jpg

Looks good.

I used to have some Marco Rock that matured nicely in a couple of tanks I had. This looks similar.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You will be glad you went to marine aquaria !!!

gospel-tabernacle-welcome.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back