New tank

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I have a 300L tank at the moment running on a canister filter. I’ve bought a sump but really underestimated the size of it.

I have my eyes on the tank the owner of the sump was using with it. Does anyone know how or what stand/table I could buy to fit the sump in and to hold the weight for either my 300L tank or the 650L tank.

First image is the sump I bought and my current tank.
2nd image is the the other tank I may or may not buy. But I need a stand that will hold either of the tanks aswell as conceal the sump.

sorry for such a long post. If I was to buy another tank how would I go about transferring my fish rock coral etc, without causing any problems to the water chemistry?

3E91949E-0B56-43D3-8B13-B8F356D98255.jpeg 9801AA28-E900-40D2-B9B5-54636B7798CA.png

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what I’m understanding is the sump you have doesn’t fit. Well I ran into the same problem. I currently have my sump next to my tank cause I didn’t plan it out. I’m upgrading to a new tank and found a sump to fit my new stand. Either leave it on the side and maybe cover it up or you can get a new stand. The one in the 2nd pic looks good. You can always build your own stand. I did that for a few fish tanks.
As for transferring there shouldn’t be a big issue as long as you are using the same rock. It’s the rock that contains the Bactria if it’s cycled. I went from a new tank but used all my old live rock in my sump and put fresh new rock in my display and never had an issue. Water you can re use Just change some of it maybe 20% or so. Then you should be all set

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's hard to tell but by the picture it looks like the sump is bigger than the tank. Your going to have to measure and find a stand with in those measurements or build one.

OP
OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell but by the picture it looks like the sump is bigger than the tank. Your going to have to measure and find a stand with in those measurements or build one.
Thinking of using my large dinner table? Can defo support the weight of fish tank and can have a sump underneath? What’s ur opinions?

5D577E07-05DD-4B99-9502-FE7920938BE9.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back