New to a used Mastertronic unit.

geekengineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to buy this used Mastertronic unit that the guy at the LFS was selling. I got a pretty good deal on it and he said he give me some store credit if it had a significant problem I have to fix, but he thought it worked OK as far as he knew. I haven't been able to get the app to see it, but I did get the network setup OK and I can ping it. It did say something about removing port 433 from your firewall. I'm thinking that's the same thing as port forwarding so I put that in the list. I didn't have any firewall settings on my router so I'm not sure what else to try. Yet it still isn't being detected in the app. I guess you have to wait for them to send you the files to re-build the SD card. Is there anyway to get the files sooner online? Its the weekend and I doubt they will get to it anytime soon.

OP
OP
geekengineer

geekengineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did find out I needed to get the previous owner to unlink his device, but I'm still not having any luck getting it to show up in the app. :(

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The WiFi is a process to get it going. It requires 2.4ghz “only”. Disable your 5ghz, reboot router and X out of Focustronic app. Then go to WiFi settings, look for Mastertronic and click on it. Put in password which is “mtpassword” . should show up after a few minutes In the app.

OP
OP
geekengineer

geekengineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK this is bazar. So I started the setup over. The instructions tell you to close the app after you setup the SSID and password. So I decided to leave the app running the whole time and I left it on the SSID screen. After the Mastertronic came up I did a back arrow on my android and all of a sudden the device showed up this time. There instructions aren't correct if that is what made it work.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 115 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back