New to algae reactors.

Giovanni Guzman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a reef octopus algae reactor too replace my standard refugium. My only question is should i stop running my GFO and biopallet reactor and just run the new algae reactor on its own. Or should i run it all together like i did with the refugium?

Jots

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I converted over several weeks ago also but I wouldn’t stop your GFO and biopellet reactor at first. After about 2 weeks in then I would take the GFO offline. I’ve noticed that when I made the change it took about a week to see some branching arms of chaeto and knew it was working. I never found biopellet as a necessity so I would take it offline soon after the GFO but not all at once. I’m stoked to have made the conversion and in the future will have both reactor and refuge but atm very happy. Had a lot of difficulty with growing out enough chaeto to support my system with a refuge alone but seeing much faster growth for sure with reactor and keeping my nutrients much more stable and manageable

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got a reef octopus algae reactor too replace my standard refugium. My only question is should i stop running my GFO and biopallet reactor and just run the new algae reactor on its own. Or should i run it all together like i did with the refugium?

Great question and congratulations on your #reefoctopus algae reactor! @Carlos@CoralVue may be able to weigh in with some thoughts.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back