New to all this

  • Thread starter Thread starter Todd_elb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Todd_elb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
77
Reaction score
139
Location
Georgetown
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone just wanted to say hi. Can’t wait to get my tank stocked. I am taking it slow with dry rock and live sand. Just started it about 3 weeks ago. I am in no hurry to add anything as I want it to be fully ready.
58668C04-2A3B-48A3-BAB2-F93E1AA7425D.jpeg
 
Welcome to R2R!
source.gif
#WelcometoR2R
 
Welcome to R2R! It sounds like you are off to a good start and have a good plan - patience is key in reef keeping!
 
Welcome!

Whilst waiting on tank, read up and read up more. Then realise what you read up is out dated and everyone is doing something entirely different.

By cycle time your fish tank will be a micro bubble jacuzzi, free from everything and fish will be pumped on steroids.

Only JK. Enjoy the hobby...did i say read up?
 
Welcome!

Whilst waiting on tank, read up and read up more. Then realise what you read up is out dated and everyone is doing something entirely different.

By cycle time your fish tank will be a micro bubble jacuzzi, free from everything and fish will be pumped on steroids.

Only JK. Enjoy the hobby...did i say read up?
So no reading got it
 
Welcome to R2R! It sounds like you are off to a good start and have a good plan - patience is key in reef keeping!
Very much so I started the cycle process with a piece of shrimp. Now all I can do is practice keeping water
 
Very much so I started the cycle process with a piece of shrimp. Now all I can do is practice keeping water

Whether you use shrimp or additives like those from Dr. Tim's for cycling, it is helpful to have a test kit that tests for ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites to let you know when the cycle is complete. Good luck!
 
Whether you use shrimp or additives like those from Dr. Tim's for cycling, it is helpful to have a test kit that tests for ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites to let you know when the cycle is complete. Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up I have all that and test every other day. The ammonia and nitrite have both spiked and have started to go down. Will continue to look for more spikes down the road
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new