New to clams but not reef

steallife904

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
471
Reaction score
216
Location
Jacksonville, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been thinking about adding a clam. Don't know much about the different ones. I have been in the hobble over 15 years and have a thriving reef tank no. Its mainly LPS but have a handful of SPS. I would like a clam that could go on the rocks and if possible one that doesn't get giant. :) what are my options? I usually see them in the sandbed so that's why im wondering about one on the rocks. thank you,
 
Crocea or maxima both are rock borers stay smaller than the sand dwellers and will need high light.
 
I'm not too familiar with those lights, but you should be safe in the upper third of your rock work. Clams can grow in different par levels, but the key is seeing new shell growth. If you're in the 200 par range, give or take a little, you should be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new