New to Dosing

Flaxxy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a 80 gal mixed reef tank, 25 gal sump, ATO. Currently at 8.6, 422, 1230. Having a hard time getting the Mg levels to 1400. Using Red Sea's Reef Foundation system (liquid). Looki g for recommendation of using Red Sea's Reef Foundation system vs Kalkwasser? I read Kalk is a great way to go using an ATO and wondering how it compares to dosing with the Red Sea's Reef Foundation system, e.g. ease, trace element consistency, risk to tank inhabitants, etc. Thank you for helping out the newbie!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how much you're dosing for magnesium or how often you're testing, but you can increase the amount until you get the level to 1400 and then dial it back. Kalkwasser is a bit different than typical dosing as you use an RO input and Kalkwasser reactor with the output going to a dosing head. A lot of people use Kalkwasser to keep their alkalinity and pH at desired levels.

OP
OP
F

Flaxxy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have been following the Red Sea instructions, which advise not dosing more than 10ppm per day, which works out to 30mls for my tank. I have been dosing 30 ml per day for the past 4 days and and testing daily. Here are the measurements;

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back