New to forum

Sapper Ski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I’m Scott and live in northwest Indiana. I’ve been in the reef hobby for about 7 years now and have been in many ups and downs since I’m a bit stubborn (ok a lot stubborn) and on a tight budget (not a good combo in this hobby from my experience). I haven’t given up on my love of saltwater aquariums and due to 1: a recent move and 2: the purchase of an upgraded tank, I’ve started completely over on my aquarium. I went from a 100 gallon rectangular tank with hang on back filters to a 90 gallon drilled corner tank with a 20 gallon sump (really wish I would have went bigger on the sump, but a corner tank is so awkward with space underneath and a tight budget meant getting something I knew would fit the first time). Currently only have live rock in the tank as I’m still getting equipment that I didn’t have with my old tank and don’t want to put critters in until I have my setup completed so I don’t have to disturb the poor guys anymore than I have to. Any questions feel free to ask. I’ll be posting some questions here soon as my next purchase is a protein skimmer that I’ve never used before.

Happy keeping!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, hello and welcome to R2R and the community:)

Looks like you have a good start. What does the tank look like, wink, wink, picture:D

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Scott!
tenor (7).gif
#WelcometoR2R

OP
OP
Sapper Ski

Sapper Ski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4D2265C0-A981-4A55-B335-79CC01B37AA9.jpeg
BC32B663-4241-4E72-825B-93113134D827.jpeg
Tank pictures taken about a month ago. Doesn’t look pretty (yet) but I’m working on it and I currently hate the rock placement, but after 14 hours of running back and forth to the store for plumbing supplies (I had no idea what I was doing) I just dropped the rock in the tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back