New to hobby, need help!

kadenwilson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, im going to be getting my first salt water tank this week. I found a aquatop recife eco 24 gal aquarium w/ stand for $300. Dude was nice enough to throw in a reef light and 30lb live rock too.

Any way my question is stocking. What fish should i be looking to put in and how many? What are some beginner corals to help make my tank pop?

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome...

first things first you need to get the tank setup and cycled which can be a pretty quick task. there are many posts on this and check out the resources area as it is laid out step by step. then just add 1 hardy fish to start and continue the initial cycle. i would not put any corals yet, and before you do make sure you have an idea of what you want the tank to be like when complete as it will govern what corals you want (ie. sps, softies, mixed and be careful with beginner corals as some grow like weeds and cannot get rid of them once they take hold.

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, im going to be getting my first salt water tank this week. I found a aquatop recife eco 24 gal aquarium w/ stand for $300. Dude was nice enough to throw in a reef light and 30lb live rock too.

Any way my question is stocking. What fish should i be looking to put in and how many? What are some beginner corals to help make my tank pop?
This should have any fish you can keep in a 24 gallon https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/announcing-nano-aquarium-fish-compatibility-document.958538/

flyingscampi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
K

kadenwilson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome...

first things first you need to get the tank setup and cycled which can be a pretty quick task. there are many posts on this and check out the resources area as it is laid out step by step. then just add 1 hardy fish to start and continue the initial cycle. i would not put any corals yet, and before you do make sure you have an idea of what you want the tank to be like when complete as it will govern what corals you want (ie. sps, softies, mixed and be careful with beginner corals as some grow like weeds and cannot get rid of them once they take hold.
Thank you! Ive aware of needing to setup and cycle the tank. Ive had plenty of freshwater tanks but this is going to be my first saltwater! I should have clarified better. Just trying to get a understanding on what are some good fish for the 24 gallon. Thanks for the response and ur time!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back