New to hobby with fish some questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter benha
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

benha

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2018
Messages
66
Reaction score
50
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the hobby and have a couple of questions about fish. I have a 40 gallon tank with 4 fish (2 clown fish, 1 cardinal fish, 1 dwarf coral beauty fish). My tank has been running for 7 months and has been doing great with consistent stable parameters. I want to know if it would be okay to double my bioload by adding a school of 5 additional blue chromi fish for a total of 9 fish while keeping my water parameters in check.

Secondly, I was wondering if I should take out my dwarf coral beauty angel fish from my tank as it may be too small and my tank contains a lot of lps and sps coral.

Thanks all, below is a picture of my tank.

IMG_2184.JPG
 
I'm new to the hobby and have a couple of questions about fish. I have a 40 gallon tank with 4 fish (2 clown fish, 1 cardinal fish, 1 dwarf coral beauty fish). My tank has been running for 7 months and has been doing great with consistent stable parameters. I want to know if it would be okay to double my bioload by adding a school of 5 additional blue chromi fish for a total of 9 fish while keeping my water parameters in check.

Secondly, I was wondering if I should take out my dwarf coral beauty angel fish from my tank as it may be too small and my tank contains a lot of lps and sps coral.

Thanks all, below is a picture of my tank.

IMG_2184.JPG
Welcome to R2R! I'm sorry but that would just be way too many fish, even disregarding bioload. I'm estimating about one more small fish before you risk overcrowding, so choose that fish wisely!
 
Welcome to R2R!

I agree with @Oscaror in that I think having that number of fish in a 40gal would be too many.

Maybe something like a Rainford's Goby would help give you some more motion while only contributing very little to the bioload.
 
welcome and the tank looks good. but I agree with the above as that would be to much for the tank.
 
!!! Welcome to R2R !!! I think is 5 more fish will start giving you problems. I have 8 fish on my 40g breeder but already working on a 75g upgrade.
 
!!! Welcome to R2R !!! I think is 5 more fish will start giving you problems. I have 8 fish on my 40g breeder but already working on a 75g upgrade.
Might as well upgrade to a 120 ;) skip the 75
 
Might as well upgrade to a 120 ;) skip the 75
Not a bad idea to get a 120, I was thinking about that but need to be on the 48" length because will be a in-wall mount tank and I only have almost 5 ft. on the wall.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new