new to keeping ponies: seahorses

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
173
Location
maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What temp is the tank running at?

Also, I would add a feeding station to help control food waste. Four seahorses in that size tank can create water quality issues. Seahorses waste a lot food while they are eating. Mine seem to be really selective with what pieces of mysis they eat.

Don't be surprised if the one seahorse with the cirri (spikes) loses them. The seahorses seem to absorb them in captivity.

Good luck with them! :)
 
the tank stays at 74.3, I was looking at feeding stations but when I got these I couldnt beleve how active they are, they are all over the tank and dont miss much. I am home 99% of the time so I feed them a little bit all day long. I just cant belive how much these things poop lol

I am going to have to pick up a couple reactors, one for carbon and one for phosban.

also how long does it take for the one with cirri to lose them? these were all tb about an hr away from me this was the only one they had with them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new