New to MP40 - should I setup master/slave for Reefcrest?

squarereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am the owner of two new MP40's, by far the nicest equipment I have ever splurged on for my tank. I have one on each end of my IM 75 INT tank and the LFS recommended reefcrest which I have setup at max 65% on both. Would I befit from setting them up as master/slave and doing (i think it's called) anti-sync so that they ramp up/down opposite of each other?

I am still getting my head around the flow pattern, but I am wondering if I could move them a little closer to the back (still on side of tank) and still get adequate flow around the front.

Last but dumb question - my Innovative tank has the side to side full length over flow. It seems like anytime the pumps push hard, it forces water up and over my over flow which causes the levels to rise and sends water down my secondary drain. Is there a way to negate this?

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have typically only used antisync with a pulse mode (that has an interval) to simulate gyre. Not sure what anti sync does if there is no interval. Interesting thought though and I'm going to try it on my reefcrest and nutrient phases.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's pushing water into the over flow you may have to dial down the pumps some to prevent the "wave" from being so strong and washing over the wier. Or repositioning them. I have three mp40 on a 6ft 180 gallon, 2 on one end and one on the other. I have two on apposing ends in reef crest anti synce. My nems in the center get hit a little hard but they don't seem to mind.
It's really something you have to play around with as each tank has different rock scape, sand, no sand etc.

OP
OP
squarereefer

squarereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it's pushing water into the over flow you may have to dial down the pumps some to prevent the "wave" from being so strong and washing over the wier. Or repositioning them. I have three mp40 on a 6ft 180 gallon, 2 on one end and one on the other. I have two on apposing ends in reef crest anti synce. My nems in the center get hit a little hard but they don't seem to mind.
It's really something you have to play around with as each tank has different rock scape, sand, no sand etc.
Thanks, I’d post my rock scape but after the Reddit beating I took I’d rather not j/k

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 55 41.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 66 49.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 9.0%
Back