New to R2R and hobby!

Paintguy 209

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
217
Reaction score
1
Location
Cen Cal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, My name is Erick and i am glad to be on the site and in the hobby. I have only been reefing for 6 months now and love it. I used to be a freshwater guy with a 50g tank and thought it was cool but always wanted a reef tank. So in Sep. 2010 i took the plunge and bought a used setup that was empty. I pretty much started from scratch knowing very little about the hobby, so needless to say i did a lot of reading. I currently have a 135g mixed reef tank running through a 30g sump, and an ATI 6 bulb powermodule for lighting. I have a few SPS pieces and a decent little Zoa garden but i have recently aquired a love for chalices. I am always looking to add to the collection and have been told by a few other members this is the place to be for chalices. I will post some pics as soon as i figure out how to use my new camera. so once again thanks for having me here.1smile1
 
Welcome to reef2reef!
 
Welcome aboard Erick, be sure and post up some pictures of that zoa garden in the Z's-n-P's forum.
 
Erick....Welcome to R2R. This is the place to be when you are a newby. Don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Can't wait to see your photos. We are photo hounds here.
 
Welcome to R2R!
 
Welcome to R2R! Looking forward to seeing pics of your setup!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new