New to R2R and just started to build a salt water fish tank:)

crismar629

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Guys,

I'm Mar and new here in R2R. I decided to bought a 10 Gallon aquarium for setting up a starter tank just a few days ago.

i love fish that's why I really wanted to get more skills and experience in order to become a good aquarist, I hope you can help me out and in fact I really have lots of questions but don't know yet where to start.

And it would be a really much appreciated if you can send me some pointers on how to setup a salt water fish tank from beginner to advance, because my ideal fish tank is something like with nice combination of corals and reefs with a few fish.

I hope to hear from you guys soon :)

Thanks a lot

-Mar

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get all the information right here. Best advice go slow.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 124

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! My best advice is to do a lot of research and take you time. Most importantly have fun! Best of luck

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Ask all the questions you can think of!

OP
OP
C

crismar629

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Guys,

Thank you for your warmth welcome.

I really wanted to do this seriously and really want to build my 1st reef tank successfully.

Btw, I have a question guys hope you can help me with this. Here's the thread.

Have a great fish tank to all :)

-Mar

aquaman84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to r2r mar! can we see pics of your tank? what kind of equipment are you using? like do you have a protein skimmer and what kind of tank are you building? have you cycled your tank yet? i just started my 29 gallon reef tank 2 weeks ago and its going great! i wish you the best of luck on your tank and if you have any questions or feedbacks i would be happy to help the best way i can.

OP
OP
C

crismar629

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to r2r mar! can we see pics of your tank? what kind of equipment are you using? like do you have a protein skimmer and what kind of tank are you building? have you cycled your tank yet? i just started my 29 gallon reef tank 2 weeks ago and its going great! i wish you the best of luck on your tank and if you have any questions or feedbacks i would be happy to help the best way i can.

Hey Aquaman, here is what it looks like right now. My tank is 5 days old and currently on cycle process as advised. I want to keep 2 clown fish in the future with some anemone and corals on it.

my tank.jpg

aquaman84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i believe if you take raw shrimp and cut it into pieces and put a little piece in everyday it will help with the cycling process but make sure you take out the old pieces so that it doesnt infect or contaminate your tank. i think your best bet with fish in a 10 gallon tank is 1 fish or 2 small fish. the reason being is fish need room to swim around and when they go to the bathroom they dont want to swim in other fish waste. it is very important that you make sure you cycle your tank fully before you put any livestock in there. i would definitely look into getting a bigger tank and use the 10 gallon tank as a quarantine tank for your fish for when you need to take them out or when they are sick.

Saltwaterwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello this is wil I'm new to reef2reef as well started last year november current tank is a 30 gal reef. The first thing i want to say is do not get intimidated buy things you might hear in this hobby, its more simple than u may think, all u need is some reading, and my advice is keep things simple at first, as you get more comfortable start adding things to keep you busy. Also, patience is definitely key, I'm planning to build a 150 gal reef, but going to take my time on it.

OP
OP
C

crismar629

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello this is wil I'm new to reef2reef as well started last year november current tank is a 30 gal reef. The first thing i want to say is do not get intimidated buy things you might hear in this hobby, its more simple than u may think, all u need is some reading, and my advice is keep things simple at first, as you get more comfortable start adding things to keep you busy. Also, patience is definitely key, I'm planning to build a 150 gal reef, but going to take my time on it.

Thanks for the advice Wil. I'm planning to have a larger tank in future because my real goal is to keep a clown fish with anemone host for the long run but it takes a year before I can keep an anemone. And since I only got a 10 gallon tank I think it will be a waste of time waiting for too long with a small tank. So for the mean time I will do a lot of research before jumping to a larger tank maybe in a few months.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef!* Definitely take your time and learn how to do regular water test.I test my tanks at least once a month so that I can spot problems early.

DSCF8242_zps5797234_edit_1424182792330_zpsv82rzoa_edit_1426280392421.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back