New to R2R and reefing!

CrashTestBennie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2024
Messages
370
Reaction score
211
Location
97209
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I've been following the site whilst researching how, and what, exactly I wanted to invest in. My main goal is to care for anemones and euphyllia. Eventually adding a mated pair of Clarkii. However, I am on an extreme budget since I'm a starving artist. This forum is very educational, and I'm very happy to be a part of the community, officially.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef and to saltwater aquaria!

This is a hobby that can get expensive in a hurry, and I am a low-budget reefer myself ;-) My humble advise would be to spend as much time as you can on research. Decide what kind of tank you'd like to have, and then research what gear you'd need to run that tank. Take a look at the member tanks here at R2R for inspiration.

Having a plan and knowing what you need is a huge key to reefing on a budget. There is nothing worse than buying a piece of equipment and then learning it's not right for your setup, so you have to purchase that piece of equipment again. All of us have been there.

And, I would look to the R2R For Sale section for some very good deals, often on brand new items. I have found a lot of my gear new or gently used from reefers here at R2R. I've always done well buying used equipment, but be careful, and use your best judgement.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/selling-forum-dry-goods.60/
Best of luck with your tank!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef and to saltwater aquaria!

This is a hobby that can get expensive in a hurry, and I am a low-budget reefer myself ;-) My humble advise would be to spend as much time as you can on research. Decide what kind of tank you'd like to have, and then research what gear you'd need to run that tank. Take a look at the member tanks here at R2R for inspiration.

Having a plan and knowing what you need is a huge key to reefing on a budget. There is nothing worse than buying a piece of equipment and then learning it's not right for your setup, so you have to purchase that piece of equipment again. All of us have been there.

And, I would look to the R2R For Sale section for some very good deals, often on brand new items. I have found a lot of my gear new or gently used from reefers here at R2R. I've always done well buying used equipment, but be careful, and use your best judgement.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/selling-forum-dry-goods.60/
Best of luck with your tank!
Hello, and thank you for the warm greeting! I have been researching like crazy, for that exact same reason. I can't afford to spend money on equipment I don't need, or doesn't fit. And, slowly I'm putting my plans together, and making sure it's solid before I drop about a thousand dollars that took me a long time to save. I'd love to see your setup. Thanks again for welcoming me so nicely.

Ben
 
Hey all! I've been following the site whilst researching how, and what, exactly I wanted to invest in. My main goal is to care for anemones and euphyllia. Eventually adding a mated pair of Clarkii. However, I am on an extreme budget since I'm a starving artist. This forum is very educational, and I'm very happy to be a part of the community, officially.
Welcome to R2R what kind of anemones are you wanting to keep?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new