New to R2R

MNAquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2026
Messages
58
Reaction score
65
Location
Sweden
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

My name is Mikael and I’m a reefer from Sweden with a strong interest in stability, long‑term trends, lighting optimization and DIY solutions.

I like keeping costs low by comparing brands, buying used hardware when it makes sense, and optimizing the equipment I already have instead of replacing it. I enjoy digging into how things actually work — chemistry, lighting, flow, dosing — and finding practical ways to improve performance without going for the most expensive option.

My main focus in the hobby is:
stability and long‑term consistency
understanding trends and chemistry instead of chasing single numbers
lighting spectrum and color rendering
DIY and custom solutions
cost‑effective reefing through knowledge and optimization
Looking forward to learning from everyone here and contributing where I can.Happy to join the community!

/ Mikael
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
AaaR2R2.gif


Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!

You are on the right path. You have goals and are focusing on the right things: Stability and knowledge. You'll go far with that attitude!!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new