New to R2R

McDowellreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a tank for approximately 20+ years. I started with fresh water and moved to salt water the last 15 years. First salt water tank was 125 gal reef tank. In January 2015, it was paralyzed and while I was in the hospital and rehab for about 6 months, my tank was taken over with hair algae. After coming home and trying to clear up the tank and control the hair algae with no luck, I decided to tear down my tank. I was unable to do anything and had to watch my wife do it all by her. My family insisted I keep the tank to help with my depression I had after my paralysis so we started over with a 150 gal reef tank. With my inexperienced wife’s help, we are trying to get the tank going again. One year into this process, this is where we are. Spent a lot of time reading and looking at reef tank information. We are currently struggling now with bubble algae.

Gonebad395

Anemone hound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome a lot of knowledge here sorry to hear about the bubble algae. Also show us a few pics to try to help ya out.

5A4BCF38-826A-48A1-ABD7-07728A2C96FC.gif

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy partner. Lets see some tank shots :))))) huh huh:)))) I bet it looks better than you think.
Bubbley algae. The old, pick off each bubble and syphon it out is tried and true. However your situation my not allow for this. Next option is finding a lot of big emerald crabs.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Nice tank, thanks for sharing! Vibrant reef additive works well for bubble algae :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back