New to Reef 2Reef but not reef keeping, advice would be great

JCMelski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone
I had a SW tank that I broke down and still have. Work got in the way of the upkeep and having learned from my mistakes I want to get back into reef keeping. I miss it too much. It's been empty for several years, my question is, is it safe to reuse to start reef keeping again? It's a Oceanic(yeah I know, that was one of my mistakes) 110g with two overflows. I would like to cut out the overflows, cover the holes on the bottom of the tank and install a slim overflow on the back of the tank. I would also like to remove the one foot center brace and make it a euro braced tank if possible. If not, I'm willing to get a newer tank or just leave it as is. Not going with an external return pump this time, not chasing trends, taking my time and quarantining everything before it goes in the tank. Also placing the tank in the basement now instead of the first floor so water changes and etc become easier to do. Going to use my Gen1 radions for lighting over the QT tanks if they still work.:rolleyes:

Ucyibd1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0DE68EC4-9F2E-4816-9AE2-24DDE5934020.gif

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're not happy with the aquarium then I recommend getting a new one before you fill the old one and then have to move everything later. I know, I've had a few aquariums and a couple of wives in my lifetime and a good start can't be compromised, imo.

You are off to a good start on Reef2Reef! Start a build thread and post pictures and people will share their stories and experience with building. Welcome aboard.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Door is always Open at R2R- and glad to have you back in the R2R community !!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here
open 24-7 fun/help/fun/info/fun
.we all love pics ,enjoy!
when in doubt throw out ,reptile sell,start off with piece of mind,go as big as you can fit in budget,happy reefing

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.5%
Back