New to reef keeping - Fluval Evo 13.5

uncle al

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I’m Al, and I’m new to reef keeping. I have an 8 day old fluval evo 13.5 that I am starting with. So far I have a pair of clowns and that is it. My goal is to have some clean up crew come in once the tanks gets a bit dirty and then start adding some corals. Any advice is helpful as my LFS isn’t always the best place to go to for these kinds of things.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! The most commonly given advice that almost everyone agrees on is to be patient. Beyond that it is probably you ask questions because it is hard to give general advice. Every tank and every reefer is different.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey! I’m Al, and I’m new to reef keeping. I have an 8 day old fluval evo 13.5 that I am starting with. So far I have a pair of clowns and that is it. My goal is to have some clean up crew come in once the tanks gets a bit dirty and then start adding some corals. Any advice is helpful as my LFS isn’t always the best place to go to for these kinds of things.
Tank does not have to be dirty as you dont want a dirty tank. At first signs of algae or diatoms you can add a few snails:
nerite
cerith
turbo grazer
Astrea
nassarius

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice…give your wallet to your wife to hide!! Once the bug has bitten you it’s game over. In a few months you will decide to upgrade to a bigger tank, but in the meantime might I suggest an in-tank media chamber for chamber 1, tunze nano top off, eheim compacton return pump upgrade. Then if you want to go a step further, throw the stock lid/light in the garbage where it belongs and upgrade to an ai prime 16hd with an innovative marin diy mesh lid kit. I have two evos and both have the exact same modifications including nero3 wavemakers mounted opposite the return lines.

Back