New to reef tanks!

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which means I’m already apt to fail
Don’t be so hard on yourself!!! I’d be willing to bet the better part of 60% or more people in this forum have to tell themselves to slow down on a daily basis about our tanks lol.

Easy Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch BRS 52 weeks of reefing on YouTube and research anything you do :) welcome !
1119E2ED-2F3B-41B4-B597-30861D66A58A.jpeg

OP
OP
Jojo92

Jojo92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! how long has your tank been running for? also learned this from experience don't mess with new arrivals that will stress them out even more and potentially die.
I’ve had it running for one week exactly today. I ended up adding a bottle of the live bacteria stuff to speed up the cycling, I was so over the plain tank running lol

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!
I recently got my first saltwater set up, and I’m accepting all advice!

25g, just added two baby clownfish and two snails! Super excited.

EXCELLENT place to start!

You've selected a decent size tank and inhabitants that are hearty and easy to keep. These are great choices to get your feet wet in the hobby.

My Advice:

• Always quarantine new additions to the tank. Never place new purchases from the bag right into your tank. Always have them spend 30 days in a separate tank and monitor them to be sure they are without disease and can be safely placed in your display tank without infecting others already there.
  • Please be patient. Nothing good happens fast in this hobby. A reef tank is like a garden; it needs to be nurtured into the thriving tank we see it as in our mind's eye.
  • ALWAYS ask questions here first before going to your local fish store. Local fish stores are struggling to compete with on line retailers, who have a much lower overhead. They tend to be quick to sell you something off the shelf from behind the counter to solve your problem.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back