New to Reef2Reef from Waller, Tx

warped_insanity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Evening,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here and let you know how much I appreciate the wealth of knowledge found on this site! I had a 72 gallon bowfront reef tank from 2003 until about 2013 - at which point I switched my interest into keeping and breeding reptiles/poison dart frogs. Also during this time I had a handful of planted tanks with CO2 injection that I really enjoyed, but ultimately decided to do away with those when we moved to our new house. I still have a few of my snakes and still keep poison dart frogs (have 8 of them at the moment).

Anyways, I've been planning my future reef tank on a spreadsheet for years, since I've been itching to get back into the reef life. I just ordered a Waterbox 130.4 about a week ago and am starting to pick up other components here and there (I forgot - or more likely blocked from my memory how expensive the hobby is)! I'm also trying to figure out how to go about water changes and the logistics of where I live now - I moved out to the country and am on a well and septic, so no saltwater down the drain! I bought a 100ft python that I think I can just run off the garden hose and into the woods!

I'll certainly post a build thread when I get things up and running!

Last edited:

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back
ZomboMeme 07022021113321.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coolsville.gif

Welcome back to the salty way of life! Looking forward to your build. Best advice: Just keep blocking that expense thing. Makes reefing much more enjoyable. :cool:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back