New to reefing - 60 gal cube

Kenamen

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Rio Rancho
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60 gal cube with AI Prime 16 HD. I’m taking this tank over from my partner; it’s been a FOWLR tank for 6 months now but just getting fully stocked with CUC and focusing on balancing trace elements.

Haven’t had proper reef lighting so I have just now encountering a small hair algae problem.

Running on a wet-dry sump.. looking to invest in a new sump with refugium in the near future.

My ultimate goal is a tank with hammers and birds nest, but I’m taking it slow.

Still a little low on Mg but anyone have any suggestions for stocking this tank?? Should I add more rock to utilize all of the light?
I am trying to grow a copepod population to sustain a mandarin or dragonite

PH: 8.2
Nitrates: 29
Phosphates: 0.6
Calcium: 481
Nitrites: 0
Ammonia: 0
Magnesium: 1027

BD9620E3-811A-442A-9527-79C0C497997E.jpeg B916D975-2084-40E8-9E9F-CBB8231171E6.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new