New to reefing... and Hello frm Malaysia

Calvinctyng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings everyone, I have always been a freshwater guy and now venturing into the saltwater world..

I had a 23L nano tank recently set up.. And it has had its happy and sad times.. during this short period..

What actually caught me off guard was actually the other costs which i have failed to identify when i first started.. it rammed up pretty quickly haha.. and also my lack of preparation and research..

Mistakes which i have made includes insufficient research before i pulled the trigger on this hobby, not having all the necessary tools ready before i added my 1st 2 corals.. for example refractometer, cal mag kh supps and test kits.. an ATO (somehow the evaporation rate is so high in my room) and etc..

At this point, i am actually considering to upgrade my tank from a 23L to a custom rectangle AIO 110L tank. And have my current tank as a QT if necessary. Reason to it is, my current tank is kinda small and lack the space to accommodate the corals of my liking due to certain corals cannot be put together because it would get stung. Also i find it quite hard to dose stuff, most of the dosing is based on 100L minimum.

i would really appreciate your inputs fellow reefers ...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back