New to Reefing

brandondavis

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
28
Location
10665 N Meridian Ave.
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, My name is Brandon. I currently live in Puebla, Mexico. Originally from Wichita, Kansas. I will be building a 66 gallon reef tank from ground zero. I have very little experience and am excited to learn more. Any advice you could throw my way would be greatly appreciated!

Also, Anyone also living in Mexico who knows where I can get livestock from (Fishes and Corals alike), please let me know! Or any website that ships to Mexico!

Thank you all in advance!
 
HOLA! ME LLAMO RYAN! ME GUSTA REEF TANKS. (my wife is a spanish teacher...indulge me)

How far are you from Mexico City?
Puebla is a 1.5 to 2 hour drive from México city! Y que chido, yo también soy profesor de español! Or at least I used to be when I lived in Kansas!
 
Hello, My name is Brandon. I currently live in Puebla, Mexico. Originally from Wichita, Kansas. I will be building a 66 gallon reef tank from ground zero. I have very little experience and am excited to learn more. Any advice you could throw my way would be greatly appreciated!

Also, Anyone also living in Mexico who knows where I can get livestock from (Fishes and Corals alike), please let me know! Or any website that ships to Mexico!

Thank you all in advance!

Hi Brandon, and welcome!

My advice to you would be to decide what kind of fish you want to keep and then tailor your build around those fish.
 
Hi Brandon - Welcome to R2R!

32954EEA-FD0F-45B5-A0F7-154869350791.gif
 
Hello, My name is Brandon. I currently live in Puebla, Mexico. Originally from Wichita, Kansas. I will be building a 66 gallon reef tank from ground zero. I have very little experience and am excited to learn more. Any advice you could throw my way would be greatly appreciated!

Also, Anyone also living in Mexico who knows where I can get livestock from (Fishes and Corals alike), please let me know! Or any website that ships to Mexico!

Thank you all in advance!
I used to live in Puerto Vallarta (though this was around 12 years ago) and at the time there were only a couple small shops that had saltwater fish (no corals really), and they were all pretty abysmal. I did know a few reefers there that just took stuff from the bay. Hopefully the options are better now (are there any online vendors?).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new